On the weekend of the 5. And 6. May takes place in hallerndorf the kreuzbergfest. If the weather is fine, hundreds of visitors will again be treated to french delicacies, beer and other delicacies at the fube of the ancient kreuzbergkirchlein on the three beer cellars.
The festival is held every year on the weekend after the "finding of the cross" instead of. The solemn vespers in the kreuzberg church with pastor matthias steffel will take place on saturday, 3. May, at 5 p.M. The festive service on sunday at 10 a.M.30 o'clock celebrates pastor siegfried schrauder.
At 5 p.M. The parish community invites you to the start of the sunday may devotions. The celebratory preacher is brother benedict, the devotion is musically framed by the willersdorfer church choir.
Just in time for the kreuzberg festival, historian hans schaub presents his book about the historic kreuzberg church, which celebrated its 550th anniversary last year. Birthday celebrated. This is now the fifth historical work by the pautzfelders.
Previously, schaub had written, among other things, a biography of levi strauss. The book later served as the basis for a film adaptation by the television station arte.
Many sources from the archives
Also in his art-historical book "der kreuzberg" schaub has made a point of backing up his findings and conclusions with archival sources. He consults numerous sources from the archives of bamberg, nurnberg and wurzburg for this reason.
Likewise, schaub was able to correct the often told stories about the kreuzberg and its chapel.
Stories that make the listener feel good are easy to make up, they don't always have to correspond to reality.
Among the stories often told is the information that the much-visited kreuzberg chapel still exists today because its hidden location in the forest prevented it from being discovered by the swedes or their allies during the three-year war. Here, the author clearly proves with historical evidence that swedish bands were also at the kreuzberg, vandalized parts of the chapel and even took away the chapel's two bells.
Historical small-scale work
The interested reader will also learn how the pilgrimage to the kreuzberg chapel developed and how it attracted many hundreds of pilgrims each year during the heyday of pilgrimages between 1650 and 1800.
Here, too, schaub proves in historical detail that before the reformation the former castle chapel at neuhaus was the actual place of pilgrimage in the lower aischgrund, and only after the introduction of the reformation in neuhaus were the pilgrimages moved from neuhaus to the kreuzberg in hallerndorf.